This recipe is adapted from the blog Low Carb with Jennifer
2 teaspoons Coconut oil
1 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (organic)
2 tablespoons powdered allulose, or the equivalent of any low-carb/keto friendly sweetener of your choice (such as Monkfruit or Stevia)
- Melt the sugar-free dark chocolate chips (plus the coconut oil) in a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler. Stir occasionally until smooth and completely melted.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper or silicone cupcake liners.
- Spoon a small amount of melted chocolate into each liner, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix together the creamy peanut butter and powdered allulose until well combined.
- Once the chocolate in the muffin tin has hardened, remove it from the refrigerator.
- Scoop a small amount of the peanut butter mixture onto each chocolate layer, pressing it down gently to create an even layer.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer, making sure to cover it completely.
- Return the muffin tin to the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Once fully set, remove the homemade keto peanut butter cups from the muffin tin and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade keto peanut butter cups!
Note 1: Feel free to customize this recipe by adding chopped nuts, sea salt, or other low-carb toppings of your choice to the peanut butter layer or sprinkling them on top of the melted chocolate before it sets.
Note 2: In place of chocolate chips, you can buy any brand you like of Baker’s Chocolate (this is 0% sugar chocolate meant for cooking), and chop it up to equal 1 cup. With this option, you’ll want to add more no-carb sweetener to the chocolate/oil mix when melting it (add to taste), and stir well.
When made as instructed, using gluten-free ingredients, these are gluten-free, and keto-friendly.