After Thanksgiving, transform your leftover turkey into a delightful and healthy Left-Over Thanksgiving Turkey Keto Stew. This recipe combines shredded turkey with a mix of cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, celery, and onion, creating a nutrient-rich stew that’s perfect for keto diets. Infused with garlic and enriched with heavy cream, the stew is seasoned with thyme and rosemary, offering a creamy, herbaceous flavor. Olive oil adds richness, while salt and pepper perfectly balance the flavors. This stew is more than just a clever use of leftovers; it’s a comforting, keto-friendly dish that extends the holiday warmth to your post-Thanksgiving meals.
2 cups cooked turkey, shredded
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup spinach leaves
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups turkey or chicken broth (low-sodium)
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and celery, sauté until softened.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the turkey or chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add cauliflower and broccoli florets. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the shredded turkey, spinach, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir well. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Continue simmering for an additional 5 minutes until the stew is heated through.